By Rev. Dr. Curian Kaniyamparambil
57. What is anointing of the Holy Spirit?
58. Was there Chrism during the apostolic time?
59. Is anointing of the Holy Spirit (Chrism) only a psychological feeling?
What the early Church Fathers said about Anointing
60. "And the Lord added to the Church daily those, such as who are being saved" (Acts 2:47). What is the Church?
61. Is the Church visible or real? Some argue that there is not a visible church.
62. Are all Christian 'churches' our Lord's Churches?
63. Is it necessary to look at Christian History? Isn't it enough to live according to what is said in the the Church?
64. What does it mean by Apostolic succession?
65. What are the objectives of the Church?
66. What were the teaching about the Church during the first few centuries?
67. Are there churches without Apostolic succession?
68. In order to be saved, how should a faithful member live?
69. What were the synonyms for the word 'Eucharist' in the early Church?
70. How did the apostles understand the words used by Jesus Christ when the Holy Communion was established?
71. Why did the early church take this stand?
72. 'Celebration of the Holy Communion'- Is it just an act to collect money?
73. Can anyone conduct the celebration of Holy Communion?
74. St. Paul in his Epistle (1 Cori. 11: 27-29) calls it bread and wine even after the prayer of thanks-giving and blessing. Why then does the Episcopal Churches say that the Holy Spirit descends and converts the bread and wine into His Body and Blood?
75. If the consecrated Holy Eucharist is Christ, don't we need thousands of Christ's?
76. There is an argument that breaking of the Eucharist is just symbolic. This means that it is not blood and flesh in reality, but is blood and flesh only for those who believe in that manner?
77. What is an offering? Isn't it a way of collecting money in the Church. Does it have any significance?
78. What are the prerequisites that should be completed before partaking in the Holy Eucharist?
79. 'The moment one believes in Jesus Christ and in His sacrifice his sins will be absolved, and after that there would be no more sins." Is this true?
80. Comment on 'Whoever has been born of God does not sin for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin because he has been born of God' (1 John 3:9). By believing and through baptism we become the sons of God. So how can we commit a sin? Can a son of god sin?
81. How should one examine themselves before partaking in the Eucharist?
Section 1 (Q 1-26) | Section 2 (Q 27-56) | Section 3 (Q 57-81) | Section 4 (Q 82-115) | Section 5 (Q 116-135)
eBooks Home | Inspirational Articles | General Essays | Sermons | Library - Home | Baselios Church Home
A service of St. Basil's Syriac Orthodox Church, Ohio
Copyright © 2009-2020 - ICBS Group. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer
Website designed, built, and hosted by International Cyber Business Services, Inc., Hudson, Ohio