By Rev. Dr. Curian Kaniyamparambil
It is not enough just to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he came to save the sinners. (In order to prevent hunger it is not sufficient just to believe that food is good and that eating it will satisfy hunger). Further more one has to:
a) Believe that He is the Son of God, accept Him, be with Him, and pray to Him.
b) One should accept Him as the savior of the world as well as his own savior.
c) One should obey all His doctrines and commandments.
d) One should believe everything that he taught before and after his resurrection. (Acts 1:3). (Yes, He taught after His
e) One should believe in what He has established. They are:
1) And I also say to you that you are Peter and on this rock I will build my church. And I will give you the keys of the Heaven. And what ever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven and what ever you loose on earth will be loosened in heaven.? (Mat 16: 18, 19)
2) Whatever He has decided for the church administration should be accepted. (John 21: 15-17).
3) The power to loosen (forgive) any one from their sins has been given only to the Apostles. (John 20:23)
4) One should believe that only the Apostles were given the right to teach and baptize (Mat 28:19).
5) One must participate in His blood and flesh and live in fellowship with him.
6) One should be a member of the church whose head is Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:47) And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved?
7) One should be committed deeply to the doctrines of the Apostles. (The book of Acts)
TOC Section 1 (Q 1-26) | Section 2 (Q 27-56) | Section 3 (Q 57-81) | Section 4 (Q 82-115) | Section 5 (Q 116-135) | Previous Chapter | Next Chapter
eBooks Home | Inspirational Articles | General Essays | Sermons | Library - Home | Baselios Church Home
A service of St. Basil's Syriac Orthodox Church, Ohio
Copyright © 2009-2019 - ICBS Group. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer
Website designed, built, and hosted by International Cyber Business Services, Inc., Hudson, Ohio