By Rev. Dr. Curian Kaniyamparambil
27. We have found that the religious doctrines are based on the Bible and apostolic traditions, but how do we interpret Matthew 15:3 Why do you also transgress the command of your God, because of your tradition?
28. St. Paul also criticizes tradition (Colo. 2:8)
29. "You are not redeemed from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;" (1 Pet.1:18). Then why hold on to tradition?
30. Can we justify tradition from the New Testament?
31. Is tradition acceptable?
32. Is it theologically correct to consider the writings of Holy Fathers authoritative?
33. Even if the church fathers did not teach us that Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit is God, is it not mentioned in the Bible?s
34. The creed of the church.
35. If we say that 'reference to the Bible alone is not enough,' does that mean that we belittle the importance of the Bible?
36. Will not belief in Jesus Christ alone suffice for salvation?
37. What does the book of Acts say about people who believed in Jesus Christ?
38. Both the thief who was crucified with Jesus and Zacchaeus were saved. Were they ever baptized?
39. Comment on the teaching that - Salvation is not by Baptism. Baptism is 'only an act of dedication to and a public witnessing of Jesus Christ.'
40. Comment on the argument that 'Salvation is through faith and not by the act of Baptism'?
41. Is it true that Baptism is ?just an act of admitting a person to the Church?? This argument states that Baptism is just an external act or dedication ceremony.
42. There is an argument about John 3:5 - 'Unless you are born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.' - The water referred to here is not material water, but the 'word' or 'spirit'?
43. How does the Protestant - Anglican Church view baptism? Writings of the Early Church Fathers regarding Baptism
44. Who is (authorized) to baptize?
45. What is the procedure for baptism?
46. Is it true that Gregory Bar Ebroyo (alias Gregorius AbulFaraj Bar Ebroyo) who wrote the Canon (church law) has stated in Chapter 2, that 1) Preference should be given to river, 2) people should be immersed 3) One should be baptized only after the study of faith 4) deacon should receive the person when he comes out of water and 5) ornaments should be removed before baptism?
47. Mark 16:16 says - 'He who believes and is baptized will be saved'- Doesn't this imply that one needs to believe first, before receiving baptism?
48. Some people say 'When one believes in Jesus and accepts him as savior - by virtue of this act he is saved.' Is not belief enough?
49. What is the truth about this argument: "For salvation, all one needs to do is to believe in his heart. But proclaiming by mouth is just a public witnessing and baptism is not essential for salvation"
50. Who is authorized to perform baptism?
51. Ananyas baptized Paul. Wasn't he a common man?
52. Comment on the arguments against infant baptism?
53. Was there infant baptism in the early church?
54. What does the early church fathers say about infant baptism? - Other good articles about Infant Baptism
55. Can infants who are not yet able to believe, and people who didn't have the opportunity to believe be saved?
56. Will any one receive grace from God through the acts of baptism, sacraments, etc...?
Section 1 (Q 1-26) | Section 2 (Q 27-56) | Section 3 (Q 57-81) | Section 4 (Q 82-115) | Section 5 (Q 116-135)
eBooks Home | Inspirational Articles | General Essays | Sermons | Library - Home | Baselios Church Home
A service of St. Basil's Syriac Orthodox Church, Ohio
Copyright © 2009-2016 - ICBS Group. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer
Website designed, built, and hosted by International Cyber Business Services, Inc., Hudson, Ohio