1 cup mixed vegetables sliced, boiled
(use carrot, cauliflower, beans, peas, potato, etc.)
1 tomato sliced
1/2 coconut grated
1/2 tsp. ginger grated
1/2 tsp. garlic crushed
3 green chillies
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
1/2 tsp. each cumin, mustard seeds
1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tsp. lemon juice
1" piece cinnamon
2 tbsp. butter
1. Drain the boiled vegetables, keep stock aside.
2. Blend together, coconut, chillies, sesame seeds, cinnamon, cloves in blender.
3. Heat butter, add seeds, allow to splutter.
4. Add ginger, garlic and paste.
5. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add vegetables except tomatoes.
7. Add 1/2 cup stock. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add salt, chilli powder, tomatoes and cook till gravy is thick.
9. Serve hot with parathas or chappatis.
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
Yield: 2 servings
Cafe | Health | Humor | General Interest | Travel | Church Fathers | Faith | History | Inspirational | Sermons | Library - Home
A service of St. Basil's Syriac Orthodox Church, Ohio
Copyright © 2009-2018 - ICBS Group. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer
Website designed, built, and hosted by International Cyber Business Services, Inc., Hudson, Ohio